Friday 30 April 2010

Taste of bewilderment

Here is my reply:

from Anton Marks
to Elaine Marks
date 29 April 2010 21:00
subject Re: FW: Additional expenses refund request [Incident: 100220-000745]

Hi Mum,
1) You know as well as I do that there is just no way that Easyjet reimbursed the hotel - they are footdragging with us because they don't want to pay up. They would tell us if they paid the hotel. That is just not how they work? I don't know what indicates to you that Easyjet paid anyone anything voluntarily.
2) I still can't believe that you were not charged. Dad and you have so many credit cards and bank accounts I don't know how you keep track of them all. Maybe you missed it on one of your accounts somehow.
4) I don't think we will be able to get the cab fare back without the hotel charge.
3) Easyjet is worth £1.6billion and yet they are trying to wriggle out of the contract you made with them (and they promised me in writing and verbally at the airport) to refund expenses incurred due to them cancelling the flight. They are liable.
4) We are letting Easyjet off lightly by only asking for a refund of 85 for the two of us (we are entitled to at least that each! - We could have stayed in a more expensive hotel, claimed for more meals etc etc. We could actually have charged them for buying new flight tickets on another airline and transport across London to another open airport which a lot of people did and which would have cost them hundreds of pounds more). They are legally obligated to pay up and I don't want to let them get away with not coughing up - they'll think they can get away with it with other people and it's just not right.
5) When we get the 95 pounds back and Adi gets her 10 pounds back you can decide what to do with it. I see these are your options:
a) Keep the money
b) Give it to charity (I know a wonderful non-profit organisation that runs seminars for kids from Migdal Ha'emek!)
c) Ring the hotel, tell them that they didnt charge you, and send them the money.

Why should easyjet profit from the hotel's mistake???? My conscience tells me that that is less right than giving up now.

6) We still might not get anything out of them anyway.

Please send them the letter,

Love from Anton x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment